Can I claim speech therapy services against tax or private healthcare?

You need a doctor's letter for the tax office to claim tax back on speech and language therapy fees.

Some insurance providers will also require a doctor's referral letter to make a claim. Contact your insurer to find out what your insurance covers.

I issue receipts for all appointment - make sure that you keep these safe.

I live outside Dublin, will you still see my child?

I can generally make home visits outside Dublin, although for longer distances there will be an additional travelling charge.

My child is non-verbal. Is speech therapy appropriate for them?

Yes! I frequently work with children who do not talk. I work to develop the skills that are the necessary precursors for speech. At the same time I will introduce augmentative communication techniques that work, build confidence, and reduce frustration.

Further Information